On May 12th, CCLR, in collaboration with the U.S. EPA Region 2 and the City of Newburgh, will hold a Interagency Working Group conference and community redevelopment funding workshop in Newburgh New York.
The morning sessions' discussion will feature a presentation by the City of Newburgh on the issues being faced in the redevelopment of the City's riverfront, followed by a round table discussion among the agency representatives to discuss how best to resolve the redevelopment challenges.
The afternoon's "Meet the Funders Workshop" will aim to help local governments, economic and community development departments, councils of government, nonprofits, and local organizations interested in community development learn how to manage projects addressing the redevelopment of previously used sites, into housing, parks, trails, and job‐creating businesses, in addition to how and where to obtain funding for such projects. Almost 100 community members are registered! Click HERE to view the booklet and agenda for the afternoon's workshop.
- - U.S. EPA, Region 2 | Terry Wesley | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - U.S. HUD | Vincent Hom | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - USDA-RD | George Popp
- - NYS Dept. of State | Lisa Vasilakos
- - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation | Michael Ryan | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - NYS Division of Homes & Community Renewal | Bret Garwood
- - NYS Environmental Facilities Coprporation | Fred Testa
- - NYS Dept. of Transportation | William Gorton
- - Hudson Valley Regional Council | Patricia Pomeroy | View Powerpoint (PDF)