On October 8th CCLR, in collaboration with the U.S. EPA Region 2 and the City of Rochester, held a Interagency working Group conference and broenfield redevopment workshop in Rochester New York on Wednesday, March 18th, 2015 at the Staybridge Suites.
The morning sessions' discussion featured a presentation by the City of Rochester on the issues being faced in the redevelopment of the Vacum Oil Site, followed by a round table discussion among the agency representatives to discuss how best to resolve the redevelopment challenges.
The afternoon's 'Meet the Funders Workshop" aimed to help local governments, economic and community development departments, councils of government, nonprofits, and local organizations interested in community development learn how to manage projects addressing the redevelopment of previously used sites, into housing, parks, trails, and job‐creating businesses, in addition to how and where to obtain funding for such projects. Over 120 upstate community members were in attendance! Click HERE to view the booklet and agenda for the afternoon's workshop.
- - U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, Region 2 | Lya Theodoratos
- - U.S. HUD | Joan Spilman
- - USDA-Rural | Casey Chamberlain | Handout 1
- - U.S. Fish & Wildlife Service | Amy Roe
- - SUNY Geneseo Small Business Development Center - U.S. SBA | Paul Morrell | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - NYS Dept. of State | Renee Parsons | Handout 1 | Handout 2 | Handout 3
- - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation | Robert Schick | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation | Michael Ryan | View Powerpoint (PDF)
- - NYS Division of Homes & Community Renewal| Bret Garwood
- - NYS Finger Lakes Regional Economic Development Council | Vincent Esposito
- - NYS Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council | David Zorn
- - NYS Genesee/Finger Lakes Regional Planning Council | Greg Albert