Join the Center for Creative Land Recycling on November 7th in Brooklyn, NY for “Urban Redevelopment: Building Stronger Communities,” where we'll build on the understanding that cities are best molded through redevelopment that benefits all. Community leaders will share what they have learned and achieved through their redevelopment projects, and delve into how the beneficial reuse of properties can support social justice, economic growth, climate resilience, and stronger communities. Experts from the public and private sectors will discuss today’s leading topics including the recently enacted historic Climate bill, urban waterway development, and tailor-made strategies for financing your redevelopment project. The information and connections you’ll make will position you ahead of the curve in a rapidly evolving industry. Join us for a reception immediately following the conference at the Kimoto Lounge.
Who should attend?
- Community groups, local development corporations, Brownfield Opportunity Area stakeholders, environmental justice advocates
- Environmental and land-use consultants, attorneys and other professionals
- Planners, economic development specialists and grant writers
- Developers, bankers and insurance companies
- State and federal public agencies
- Anyone who wants to learn what’s new, what’s next, and what’s possible in community revitalization
What will you learn?
This Conference will provide unparalleled access to information and experts to drive inclusive redevelopment for stronger communities. You’ll get big-picture trends, community success stories, policy and funding specifics, and NYS program updates. View the conference agenda to learn more!
Panels will include:
- Climate and Communities: Understanding New Opportunities
- Community-led Redevelopment for Jobs, Housing and Quality of Life
- Report out: Waterfront Edge Design
- Navigating Urban Waterway Development
- Report Out: What’s new from the NYC Mayor’s Office of Environmental Remediation
- Report Out: Opportunity Zones
- Report Out: Program and Regulatory Updates from NYS DEC and NYS DOS
- Funding the End Use Vision
RECEPTION 5pm-7pm - Kimoto Lounge at the Sheraton Hotel -216 Duffield St, Brooklyn. Reception Host: Langan.
Don’t miss this opportunity to support CCLR and this Summit and gain visibility for your services and values for healthy communities. For more information contact email@example.com.
Thank you to our sponsors: Langan, Knauf Shaw, Bouquet Holstein, Harris Beach, GZA , GEI Consultants, Clean Earth
We have raised scholarship funds to support non-profits or public entities that need to have the registration fee fully or partially waived in order to attend on a first-come first-served basis. Please fill out this form and contact Claire Weston at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Thank you to our partners:
NYS Department of Environmental Conservation, NYS Department of State, NYC Brownfield Partnership, Brownfield Coalition of the Northeast (BCONE), NYC Mayor's Office of Environmental Remediation.
Conference admission includes the full day of programming, light breakfast, lunch and a networking reception.
1 MetroTech Center
Brooklyn, NY 11201