Brownfields & Sustainability in New York: What Happens Now?
What do you need to know to move forward current or future redevelopment projects despite technical challenges and significant federal cuts in funding? Hear top New York State policy-makers talk about New York’s programs & vision for brownfield redevelopment and the policy landscape in these uncertain times.
Over 20 technical experts will share their knowledge and experience in the planning, development, and execution phases of on-going or prospective redevelopment projects.
- Find funding in plain sight
- Tackle your toughest sites
- NYS Legislative update in an age of uncertainty
- Integrate green remediation and infrastructure practices
- Make new contacts to move your projets or practice forward
June 7, 2017 1pm-7:30pm
1:30PM Welcome and opening remarks: Kathy Sheehan, Mayor of Albany
1:45PM Beyond Compliance: Innovations in Sustainable Redevelopment
4:30PM Taking Stock: 15 Years of Brownfield Opportunity areas (BOA)
6:00PM NETWORKING RECEPTION- join colleagues and new contacts at an on-site catered reception. Cash bar and complementary hors d'oeuvres.
June 8, 2017 8:00am- 4:30pm
8:30AM Looking Forward: NYS Budget and Redevelopment Opportunities
9:30AM Overcoming Pain Points: Revealing the Secrets of Redeveloping Tough Sites
11:15AM Left Field Funding: Finding Money Outside the Brownfields Silo
1:00PM Epic Community: An Innovative Technology Platform
1:30PM Redevelopment Rodeo: A fast-paced forum for municipalities to present redevelopment projects to expert “wranglers”.
4:15PM Wrap Up
- Rossana Rosado, New York Secretary of State
- Aaron Mair, Sierra Club
- Monica Kurzejeski, City of Troy
- Eddie Bautista, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance
- John McDonald, NYS Assembly member
- Dan Walsh, Director, NYC Office of Environmental Remediation
- Vernice Miller-Travis, Skeo
- Jeff Jones, Jeff Jones Strategies
- Jim Van Der Kloot, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Arnie Will, NYS Empire State Development Corp.
- Paul Beyer, NYS Smart Growth-Dept. of State
Space is limited so register now. Registration fees include our wonderful line up of speakers, the Networking Reception, breakfast, lunch and refreshments on both days. If you need a SCHOLARSHIP, a ONE DAY NO-FOOD PASS OR GROUP DISCOUNT, please contact Jean Hamerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
40 Lodge St.
Albany, NY 12207
|Non-Profit and Government Registration||$ 55.00|
|For-Profit Registration||$ 100.00|
|June 7th Registration (available to Municipalities/Non-Profit only)||$ 30.00|
|June 8th Registration (available to Municipalities/Non-Profit only)||$ 30.00|