This premier 2017 Summit is an important crash course on remediation and revitalization and offers an intimate networking reception to forge new connections.
In light of funding and regulatory uncertainty in Washington, municipalities, redevelopment professionals, communities, government agencies and elected officials will have the opportunity to hear about what's happening in New York State and get actionable information to redevelop underutilized and contaminated properties for the health and prosperity of local economies.
- Learn about sources of funding, incentives and tax credits
- Gain insights into redevelopment trends & state budget priorities
- Get workable ideas to jump start your toughest sites
- Integrate resiliency, adaptation and climate mitigation strategies to reduce climate impacts
- Participate in our first-ever Redevelopment Rodeo to move three competitively selected projects--Syracuse, Canajoharie, and Rome--toward a redeveloped future with a "community of practice" expert and audience support.
June 7, 2017 1pm-7:30pm
1:30PM Welcome and opening remarks: Kathy Sheehan, Mayor of Albany
1:45PM Beyond Compliance: Innovations in Sustainable Redevelopment
4:30PM Taking Stock: 15 Years of Brownfield Opportunity areas (BOA)
6:00PM NETWORKING RECEPTION- join colleagues and new contacts at an on-site catered reception. Cash bar and complementary hors d'oeuvres.
June 8, 2017 8:00am- 4:30pm
8:30AM Looking Forward: NYS Budget and Redevelopment Opportunities
9:30AM Overcoming Pain Points: Revealing the Secrets of Redeveloping Tough Sites
11:15AM Left Field Funding: Finding Money Outside the Brownfields Silo
1:00PM Epic Community: An Innovative Technology Platform
1:30PM Redevelopment Rodeo: A fast-paced forum for municipalities to present redevelopment projects to expert “wranglers”.
4:15PM Wrap Up
- Rossana Rosado, New York Secretary of State
- Aaron Mair, Sierra Club
- Monica Kurzejeski, City of Troy
- Eddie Bautista, NYC Environmental Justice Alliance
- John McDonald, NYS Assembly member
- Dan Walsh, Director, NYC Office of Environmental Remediation
- Vernice Miller-Travis, Skeo
- Jeff Jones, Jeff Jones Strategies
- Jim Van Der Kloot, U.S. Environmental Protection Agency
- Arnie Will, NYS Empire State Development Corp.
- Paul Beyer, NYS Smart Growth-Dept. of State
Space is limited so register now. Registration fees include our wonderful line up of speakers, the Networking Reception, breakfast, lunch and refreshments on both days. If you need a SCHOLARSHIP, a ONE DAY NO-FOOD PASS OR GROUP DISCOUNT, please contact Jean Hamerman at firstname.lastname@example.org.
40 Lodge St.
Albany, NY 12207
|Non-Profit and Government Registration||$ 55.00|
|For-Profit Registration||$ 100.00|
|June 7th Registration (available to Municipalities/Non-Profit only)||$ 30.00|
|June 8th Registration (available to Municipalities/Non-Profit only)||$ 30.00|