The Coastal Program is a voluntary, partnership-based, habitat conservation program located in 24 priority coastal areas along the Atlantic and Pacific Oceans, Gulf of Mexico, Great Lakes, and in the Caribbean. Within these areas, US FWS conservation efforts are guided by a national strategic plan that integrates Service priorities with the shared conservation goals of conservation partners and stakeholders.
Field staff work directly with partners to implement conservation projects that support the following goals:
• Creating coastal ecosystems that are resilient and adaptive to climate change impacts.
• Using science-based conservation design at a landscape scale that supports habitat connectivity and ecological integrity.
• Benefitting the conservation and recovery of federal trust species and other priority species. Building conservation partnerships that leverage resources and promote community stewardship of fish and wildlife resources.
Application Period: October 8, 2014 - September 30, 2015
Estimated Total Program Funding: $14,000,000
Award Ceiling: $500,000
Award Floor: $0
CDFA Number: 15.630 -- Coastal Program
Eligible Applicants Include: Local governments, tribal governments, public entities, private entities
• For more information, click HERE
• To view the full NOFA and access the application, click HERE