On February 11th, CCLR held an introductory course on brownfield redevelopment at the Oakland California Endowment Center. Almost one hundred attendees representing California's government agencies, developers, non-profits, and greater community gained valuable insight into brownfield redevelopment issues. This half-day course focused on the nuts-and-bolts of redeveloping environmentally challenged property covered the regulatory and legal framework, the environmental cleanup process, and potential funding sources for brownfield redevelopment projects. A huge thank you goes out to our speakers who volunteered their time and expertise and made the event possible AND many thanks to everybody who attended the workshop and made it the success that it was.
Click HERE to view the agenda.
- - Introduction | Ignacio Dayrit | Download Powerpoint
- - Legal | Holland & Knight | Nicholas Targ | Download Powerpoint | Download EIFD PDF
- - Environmental Assessment | PES Environmental, Inc. | Robert Creps | Download Part 1| Download Part 2
- - Funding | U.S. EPA | Nova Blazej | Download Powerpoint
- - Funding | DTSC | Janet Naito |Download Powerpoint
- - Funding | SWRCB |Lisa Babcock | Download Powerpoint
- - Funding | Ignacio Dayrit | Download Powerpoint
- - Lunch Keynote | Denise Pinkston | Download Powerpoint
- - The Emeryville Marketplace - A Case Study | Nicholas Targ, Robert Creps, Denise Pinkston| Download Powerpoint
- - Miraflores & The Richmond BUILD Academy - A Case Study | Sal Vaca, Nicholas Targ, Robert Creps & Chad Smalley | Download Powerpoint 1 | Download Powerpoint 2