HUD’s Office of Affordable Housing Programs is pleased to offer a two-day course targeted to representatives of prospective Community Housing Development Organizations (CHDOs) and new staff of existing CHDOs. The "CHDO Opportunities in HOME Training" aims to provide attendees with useful information regarding the HOME CHDO Program regulatory requirements. Topics include:
- • The CHDO set-aside and the relationship between participating jurisdictions (PJs) and CHDOs
- • Criteria an organization must meet to be designated as a CHDO
- • Regulatory requirements pertaining to the development of homebuyer (i.e., for-sale) and rental housing
- • Definition of a CHDO’s role as an owner, sponsor, or developer of housing
- • Incentives a PJ may provide to a CHDO, including operating, predevelopment assistance, and CHDO proceeds
This course is intended as a general overview and is particularly suited to new CHDOs and new staff of existing CHDOs. Participating Jurisdiction staff are welcome to register, but priority will be given to CHDO staff. Please note that submitting a registration request does not guarantee you a seat at the training.
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Date & Time: February 17-18, 2016 | 8:30 AM - 4:00 PM PST
CLICK HERE for more information and to register. Deadline for registration is Feb. 12
Photo courtesy of Scott Lewis.