On October 1st CCLR held an introductory course on brownfield redevelopment in Seattle, Washington as part of the two day 'Re-Using Contaminated land Conference' hosted by the NEBC. Over 25 attendees representing northwestern government agencies, developers, non-profits, and the greater community gained valuable insight into brownfield redevelopment issues. This half-day course focused on the nuts-and-bolts of redeveloping environmentally challenged property. The course covered the regulatory and legal framework, the environmental cleanup process, and potential funding sources for brownfield redevelopment projects. Click HERE to view the agenda.
- - Contaminated Real Estate & Redevelopment | Ken Lederman, Foster Pepper | Download Powerpoint
- - Environmental Site Assesment 7 Cleanup 101 | Erin Rothman, Rothman & Associates | Download Powerpoint
- - Financing 101 | Bill Mandeville, WA Dept. of Commerce | Download Powerpoint
- - Financing Contaminated Redevelopment in WA | Jodi Gearon, WA Dept. of Ecology | Download Powerpoint
- - Development Agreements & Re-Use of Contaminated Land | Ignacio Dayrit, CCLR | Download Powerpoint
Photo courtesy of Seth Diehl