EJSCREEN is an environmental justice mapping and screening tool that provides EPA with a nationally consistent dataset and approach for combining environmental and demographic indicators. EJSCREEN users choose a geographic area; the tool then provides demographic and environmental information for that area. All of the EJSCREEN indicators are publicly-available data. EJSCREEN simply provides a way to display this information and includes a method for combining environmental and demographic indicators into EJ indexes.
EJSCREEN allows users to access high-resolution environmental and demographic information for locations in the United States, and compare their selected locations to the rest of the state, EPA region, or the nation.
The tool may help users identify areas with:
- Minority and/or low-income populations
- Potential environmental quality issues
- A combination of environmental and demographic indicators that is greater than usual
- Other factors that may be of interest
- Educational programs
- Grant writing
- Community awareness efforts
To learn more about EJSCREEN click HERE
To acess the EJSCREEN mapping tool click HERE