This is a beginner level workshop that is relevant to community stakeholders, including county, local, and tribal government officials and agencies; non-profits; community organizations; and economic development organizations that are interested in cleaning up and redeveloping their brownfield sites.
By the end of this Workshop, attendees will:
- Possess a thorough understanding of what a brownfield is and why we have so many
- Understand the basic steps necessary to cleanup and redevelop a brownfield site
- Know how to get free technical assistance
- Understand the various funding/financing options and how to bundle and leverage them
- Determine how redevelopment of brownfield sites can promote healthy and sustainable communities