Brownfields present a daunting challenge. They are complex sites, surrounded by additional liability concerns and regulatory processes. But for many communities, redeveloping brownfields is the key to revitalizing their economy, becoming resilient in the face of climate change, and transforming health outcomes.
CCLR is an expert advisor available to support you throughout the lifetime of your redevelopment project. We will meet you where you’re at, help you work through problems, provide you with resources, and connect you with others who can help.
CCLR provides free technical assistance to state and local governments, tribes, non-profits, housing authorities, development agencies, and other public entities through a cooperative agreement with U.S. EPA. We serve EPA Regions 9 and 10, which includes Alaska, Arizona, California, Hawaii, Idaho, Nevada, Oregon, Washington, and the Pacific Island territories. If you are part of a private entity or other group, or are located outside of EPA Regions 9 and 10, please see information on our consulting services or contact us for information on how we may be able to provide discounted support based on project merit and demonstration of need.
Our experts have decades of experience working on brownfields projects across the country. View examples of our projects here.
For more information on EPA Brownfield Grant Review for Region 9 and 10, please visit Funding Redevelopment.
Direct Technical Assistance
Below is a list of examples of services we can consult with you about. This list is not comprehensive, however, and we encourage you to reach out to find out how we can help!
- Identifying, inventorying, and prioritizing brownfields for redevelopment
- Creating strategic plans, work plans, and setting goals
- Market and feasibility analysis; real estate; economic
- Environmental site assessments, due diligence, and reporting
- Interpreting technical reports, assessments, and plans
- Navigating regulatory requirements
- Assessing risk and liability
- Identifying creative funding/financing approaches
- Selecting contractors or consultants
- Facilitating planning and community involvement activities
- Marketing sites to purchasers or developers
- Custom workshops or training
What We Do
Dive into our extensive library of resources on a variety of redevelopment topics, funding sources, and important contacts in each state.
Take a look at our upcoming events for additional learning, networking, and assistance opportunities.
CCLR can provide creative funding and financing solutions including resource roadmaps, grant review, and individual consultation.